Boiler Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering having my present boiler (28 year old open-vented) replaced with a modern combi condensing one. Wanting a decent reliable quality boiler for obvious reasons I need to know which make is considered good. At the moment I am being drawn to the Atmos make of boiler and was just wondering if anyone here has any knowledge or opinions on that make of boiler. Also, it has been suggested to me that relocating the boiler from the kitchen to the loft would be a good idea - what are the pros and cons with doing that?...one of reasons for doing that is that a condensate pump would not be needed as in its present location it would.

Can anyone help with an estimation of what I would reasonably have to pay for removal of old boiler, header tank, HW tank and associated pipe-work, extending of gas supply pipe from kitchen to loft and fitting of new combi boiler, vertical concentric flue, pipe-work and condensate pipe to soil-stack (probably) - In a single storey building.

please see forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
Tinkler said:
At the moment I am being drawn to the Atmos

Wasn`t that a hit for Russ Abbott?...``I love a party with a crazy.....``

Apologies...well, it is Sunday...day of rest & all that...

The Atmos is considered to be a good quality boiler aimed at the semi industrial market. It is towards the top end of the market.

Converting to a combi will require a good water flow rate and the number of outlets to be used at the same time has to be considered. All of these are covered in the stickey parts here.

A conversative rule of thumb is that a combi can only supply ONE outlet at a time !

This is a typical question from a homeowner who is unaware of most of the implications of a different system.

A better approach would be to find a competent installer who can discuss the various options with you.

Budget for £4k to £7K.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back