Best buy laptop for around £600

I

imamartian

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good laptop in the £600 price bracket please?
It will be for wireless internet use around the house. Don't need large storage as we have an external HD along with our desktop pc.

What sort of things should i be looking for that kind of money? screen size? processor? dvd/usb? battery?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Thats an oversized budget just for internet usage. You can spend about £450. Make sure you get a Core 2 Duo processor, DVD writer, (if only for backup purposes), at least 1GB of memory, if it comes with Vista (it probably will) then 2GB is better as vista needs lots of ram to run smoothly.
If only for use around the house and not truly mobile use then get at least 15" screen, wide if poss. Usb will come as standard, firewire only useful if you have an expensive sony camcorder, battery won't matter too much as you'll always be near to a power point at home. Most will give you at least a couple of hours surfing in the garden.

here

here (will need a ram upgrade)

here

Wow, i can't believe how cheap they are... can you recommend any makes over other?

Thanks for the reply :D

I have a Sony Viao, it rocks! Gf has an Acer it works! So I can only vouch for these two, don't get a Celeron cpu though, even though they are perfectly acceptable for office work and browsing, they start to slow down when you have ten windows open, are listening to music and chatting on messenger all at the same time.

The tosh with the ram upgrade looks ok for under £400, however I'd be tempted to skip the ram upgrade and just get a 2gb kit

Sponsored Links
Back