Tips on LCD Laptop screen and desktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone. I found this site while looking for help for a DIY project I would love to try. You see I was given a laptop that I was unable to fix however the screen still functions even if the rest of it doesnt. I also have a desktop just sitting around. So I thought it would be cool if i could put the screen and the desktop together for use as a in car entertainment deal. My problem arises in that I am having a hard time finding out how to go about hooking the two together. The laptop screen has what one online source called a LCD inverter cable and an LCD cable. There are pictures of the two cable here and here Can any helpful kind soul point me in a good direction as to how to get a regular PC's output signal to sink up with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Answered my own question after an hour of searching. It can be done but will cost 150 or so. heres a link to a website with info on the whole messy ordeal. Oh well cool sounding idea shot down by reality and economics.

Sponsored Links
Back