laptop lcd troubleshooting

ddd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Recently I bought an acer aspire 3630 from ebay. The screen froze when moved, and generated lines etc. I found out that by pressing the corners of the screen I could get a temporary fix (loose lcd connection?). However it was a pain, and I decided to change the lcd after checking that an external monitor would work ok.

So, I have bought a replacement lcd, which is an LP154W01(TL)(AE). The old one was an LP154W01(TL)(A2). As you can see, the only difference is the last 2 letters within the last bracket. According to this info (http://www.lcds4less.co.uk/faq.shtml), this is the LCD part number suffix:

“LCD screens with the same base part number, but different suffix are the same screen. The suffixes distinguish a different manufacturing batch for a particular base part number. A part number with a different suffix commonly denotes superficial and negligible differences between LCD screens. These superficial differences may include differences in inverter cable length or serve as an identification method to distinguish between batches of LCD screens for different laptop brands. For example, the LTN141X8-L00 is installed in an IBM ThinkPad and the LTN141X8-L02 is installed in a Dell Inspiron 4000.”

I mention all this because when I plug in the new lcd, it doesn’t show any image, just stays black (whereas the old lcd does light up, though it freezes often) . Why is it not working? I have noticed that the video cable that came with the new lcd is not the same as my old one. It does not fit with the inverter. But why would it not be possible to use the new lcd with the old video cable/inverter, if it is the same lcd model?
Assuming that the new screen is somehow incompatible, I am now waiting to get an inverter (which they forgot to send) that fits with the new cable. The problem is I am going to have to disconnect the old video cable from the motherboard, and I don’t even know if it’s going to work…
What’s happening? Help please!

Sponsored Links
Your description is very confusing, because you seem to be using "video cable" to describe the power cable to/from the inverter.

If the new screen has a different CCL, and the inverter is different, and you can't connect the power cable, then of course the screen will be black.

However, if the data connection is the same then there will still be output that you can see if you shine a strong torch onto the screen.

Sponsored Links
Back