Best cable for Virgin Media new install (indoors)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

During one of the many failed Virgin installs over the last few weeks (that's another story), the 'indoor' Virgin installer/engineer was very helpful and gave me a part roll of Amphenol Broadband Solutions 006277V00BK301CU01R1 cable so that I could get on with the indoor run myself (I've got a route I want to use to my server cabinet).

However, he didn't give me enough... So I either wait until install day (4th time lucky) or buy some myself. I read on here that Webro HD100 is superior to the Amphenol cable, but I wondered about using Times Microwave LMR-240-75 cable (I use LMR cable a lot at work) instead?

Any suggestions or recommendations would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. I've flood wired the house with CAT6 and am trying to put the best possible cable in (relatively). However, I don't want to throw money away. If the Webro is in fact superior to the Amphenol cable I could go with that, but happy to pay a bit more. My cable run will be around 25m at a guess.

Interesting that I just posted the same question on the community pages and someone replied saying that they would refuse to use customer supplied cable (even if superior..)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back