best cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
with regard to fitting a outside light, i no t+e is a no cant get any artic flex in black is normal black flex ok?

cheers

Sponsored Links
ive read through a few posts some say yes some artic only or yes to normal flex if its in conduit.

on a plus note is there a lot of difference between artic flex and normal flex?

cheers

I fitted a security a light to the outside wall of my garage , there is about 6 inches of T&E from the hole in the wall to the entrance to the light , as far as im aware this was OK, the electrician that fitted a security light to the back of the house used the same method.

Sponsored Links
I should add I have a 2 way CU in the garage which is where the T&E was connected , Im thinking you mean cable that will need to run up or along the outside wall of your home , if so then ignore me im having a condor moment :oops:

I fitted a security a light to the outside wall of my garage , there is about 6 inches of T&E from the hole in the wall to the entrance to the light , as far as im aware this was OK, the electrician that fitted a security light to the back of the house used the same method.

It's not OK, general purpose PVC is not suitable for outdoor use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back