Best cat scaring tactic

rif

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone have any recommendation on how to scare away cats from the garden...

Sponsored Links
I think they sell ultrasonic deterrent systems which you just plug in and they really dislike it.
Hope this helps! :D

barnett_black_widow_catapult.jpg

Sponsored Links
Go to your nearest zoo and ask them for some lion poo!

Sprinkle that around some areas of the garden, even dogs wont come in!

You can buy it boxed called Silent Roar, but its no where near as good as the real thing. Cats sense there is a very big cat hanging around so wont go near it. My sister uses it and she never had a cat enter her garden again, and she was plagued by them.

How long does the lion poo last? The smell must either eventually wash or dehydrate out. I wouldn' t fancy too many repeated trips to a far-away zoo....

You can put some citric fruit (orange and lemon) peels around your garden and it will deter cats. They dont like the smell because it irritates their nose.

How long does the lion poo last? The smell must either eventually wash or dehydrate out. I wouldn' t fancy too many repeated trips to a far-away zoo....

Should last quite a while, prob 3/4 months at least

You can put some citric fruit (orange and lemon) peels around your garden and it will deter cats. They dont like the smell because it irritates their nose.
human urine on areas where they do their business. just don't let your neighbours see you doing it! :eek:

we got an ultrasonic deterrent from wilkinsons. about £23, plus the price of rechargeable batteries (it takes 2x9V). it's been very successful, though did take a couple of weeks to start having an obvious effect. previously, we had cats (several) in our garden all the time. it hasn't completely stopped all of them, but now they generally just pass through and don't linger: in fact, sometimes they have a look as if to decide whether to come through, and then turn back. the range of the device is pretty good, but objects in the garden (e.g. shed, coldframe etc) can interfere with it; if your garden really undulates I guess that would be a problem too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back