Cats or Dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Says online there's 9 million dogs (estimate) and 8 million cats.
I think it has less to do with the deaths, more that he doesn't like dogs.

As I said, 4 deaths a year are 4 too many...

Add to that the thousands of maulings and disfigurements, and I would disagree with you thinking that I'm 'just reacting to the sensationalist headlines.'

Do you think all those victims think it sensationalist?

What would you propose we do to those 9 million dogs in the UK then?

Sponsored Links
Please, show me where there are 'thousands of maulings and disfigurements' because that sounds very sensationalist.
Almost 8,000 hospital admissions for dog attacks in 2018, compared with 4,000 a decade ago. With under-10s most likely to be admitted...

If a dog jumps up at a toddler then again that is lack of training on behalf of the dog owners and the parents of the child. If you are allowing your 2-3 year old child to say hello to an excitable dog without asking the owner beforehand then sorry, that's also your fault and your responsibility. If you do not like dogs, or do not wish your child to be near dogs then keep them away.
Can't believe I just read that carp...

So you truly believe that dogs don't jump up at random at a child as they walk past, and if they do it is the child's parents fault!

Dogs should be kept out of the way of children, not the other way around!

How many dogs can you tell us about that have to go to the Vets after being bitten by a child?

Children are too young to teach under that age how to treat animals with respect and understanding of what they are.
You contradict yourself...

So do we not teach children about roads/cars and get them to respect/understand what they are because they are 'too young'?

8 people die a year by drowning in the bath.

on your basis we must ban baths.
Does the bath grab hold of someone and pull them under the water?

A rather silly analogy :rolleyes:

Almost 8,000 hospital admissions for dog attacks in 2018, compared with 4,000 a decade ago. With under-10s most likely to be admitted...

Can't believe I just read that carp...

So you truly believe that dogs don't jump up at random at a child as they walk past, and if they do it is the child's parents fault!

Dogs should be kept out of the way of children, not the other way around!

How many dogs do can you tell us about that have to go to the Vets after being bitten by a child?

You contradict yourself...

So do we not teach children about roads/cars and get them to respect/understand what they are because they are 'too young'?
So it's NOT maulings and disfigurements? A small dog bite would mean going to hospital. Does that mean it disfigured someone?? Let's face it, you do not know the extent of the injury. Your choice of words is sensationalist unless you can prove otherwise.

I never said that a dog doesn't jump up at a random child. But you are getting yourself confused with your eagerness to prove points and you are also twisting which is immature. A dog jumping up at a child is down to lack to training. Have I not said that already? You seem to think that all dogs will attack at the drop of a hat. I disagree and I very much suspect you have never had a dog, do not understand dogs and dislike dogs.

Does the bath grab hold of someone and pull them under the water?

Can you teach a toddler (a toddler is 2-3 years old) about a car and road sense? Or do you, as the parent, keep hold of the child at all times near a road?

OK, maybe we should just have fish....

4 deaths

small percentage

not a reason to ban dogs
2000 to 2018

55 deaths attributed to dog attacks

In the same period, 90 deaths due to terrorism

Small percentage

Not a reason to ban terrorists?

Can you teach a toddler (a toddler is 2-3 years old) about a car and road sense? Or do you, as the parent, keep hold of the child at all times near a road?

Ours had road sense by 3...

So I guess it's how intelligent the parent is and how they teach the concept ;)

However it is easier because you can teach that all cars are a danger, but you would have to be psychic to work out which dog was about to lunge...

Therefore you have to say that any dog is a danger...

So why do we have to restrict children in their behaviour in case a dog might attack?

Those who think that should be the case place an over importance to their pets against the rights of people not to be attacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back