Are you a dog person or are you a cat person? What defines being a cat person or dog person?

Dogs are funnier..........
f687937b-ee20-433e-aeac-9b4df3119bd2.jpg

Sponsored Links
You have to do a lot more work with a dog, take it for walks, pick up after it, get big bags of food etc.
However what you get in return is IMHO much more than a cat ever gives.

Although I have had a cat that will lay on your chest and constantly purr and rub itself on your neck while also dribbling a lot, they often wont do a lot else.
A cat certainly will not take you for a walk, improving your health, keeping you fit - in fact they positively refuse.

I have had cats, never again - from now on it's dogs for me.

well, actually the wife tells me that as she is proper doggy bonkers!

Sponsored Links
I always thought only super villains, women and gay men liked cats.
I prefer dogs as they have more personality.

Had rescue cats for over 35 years. Always been tabbys - originally by accident but now by choice. Went to adopt first cat and the only one available was a 1 year old tabby and white. He had a great personality, very friendly and playful at home, lap addict, big appetite, but top cat in his territory when out and about. Second cat again - no real preference but ended up with another tabby boy. Similar traits, except not interested in being top cat outside. So when it was time to adopt number three we believed that tabbys are likely to have similar characters so deliberately got a tabby and white. Now on tabby number five and he's the softest and friendliest of the lot. Very gentle and people orientated. Maybe I'm talking nonsense about tabbys having a certain character, but after accidentally having the first two tabbys, chosing them ever since hasn't let us down. Or maybe we've just been lucky.

Last edited:
One of ours will poo or wee in the bath if the door is left open, at least it's not on the floor so not a massive problem, we have two sisters from the same litter, very different personalities and traits, they don't really get on, both as soft as can be and they take an enormous amount of abuse from the kids, think I've perhaps been scratched maybe twice in 6 years.

I am a dog person, although we don't have one.
My wife is a cat person (she prefers their independent nature) and we have three.
They are okay, one of ours is like a dog anyway, and will do anything for attention.
One of them is knocking on a bit now, and won't use the catflap, you have to open the front door for her to enable her to go out and do her "jobbies".
If you don't catch her in time, she will deposit little offerings around the house.
:mad::mad::mad:

Had rescue cats for over 35 years. Always been tabbys - originally by accident but now by choice. Went to adopt first cat and the only one available was a 1 year old tabby and white. He had a great personality, very friendly and playful at home, lap addict, big appetite, but top cat in his territory when out and about. Second cat again - no real preference but ended up with another tabby boy. Similar traits, except not interested in being top cat outside. So when it was time to adopt number three we believed that tabbys are likely to have similar characters so deliberately got a tabby and white. Now on tabby number five and he's the softest and friendliest of the lot. Very gentle and people orientated. Maybe I'm talking nonsense about tabbys having a certain character, but after accidentally having the first two tabbys, chosing them ever since hasn't let us down. Or maybe we've just been lucky.

It wouldn't surprise if there's a link as being a tabby is to do with genetics and certain traits occur alongside the markings of a tabby

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought only super villains, women and gay men liked cats.
I prefer dogs as they have more personality.
I know what you mean about dogs having more personality - I once knew a dog called Frank who was this larger than life character - really outgoing, full of chatty banter and would always tell a good joke down the pub!

I am a dog person, although we don't have one.
My wife is a cat person (she prefers their independent nature) and we have three.
They are okay, one of ours is like a dog anyway, and will do anything for attention.
One of them is knocking on a bit now, and won't use the catflap, you have to open the front door for her to enable her to go out and do her "jobbies".
If you don't catch her in time, she will deposit little offerings around the house.
:mad::mad::mad:
How old is she? The worlds oldest cat was from Exeter apparently and was 31 years old when they passed away
https://www.itv.com/news/westcountr...cat-who-lived-in-exeter-dies-at-the-age-of-31

Sponsored Links
Back