Are you a dog person or are you a cat person? What defines being a cat person or dog person?

T

teaboyjim

I've often heard people say they are either a dog person or a cat person. Is it simply the fact you prefer one or the other as pets or is there more to it than this?
I always believe that if a cat was hungry and you were incapacitated for some reason the cat would eventually eat you whereas a loyal and faithful dog would pine away and die rather than eat it's master

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I hate dogs.

I don't know why. I just detest everything they are.

In response to your saying a cat would eat you; I suppose it might if you were dead - for a little while while still fresh.
However they don't kill children.

I've had cats since 1989.

More independent: you can go away for a day or so and leave food and water down and they're happy.

Sponsored Links
If I lived alone but for a cat and I happened to pop it, I would sooner the cat munched on my decaying corpse and survived rather than a dog pining away and starving to death.

i like cats and dogs,

but i find cats are easier to live with, they are less smelly, dont need walks, can be left for a day with some food or water, and they dont make a fuss of people as they walk through the door jumping up at them and all sorts.

My cat is not at all helpful. I locked myself out the other day.

The cat was sitting on the stairs looking at me through the glass panels in the door.

I called him, and said, "Look, Tig, my keys are in my jacket pocket. If you drag it over here and hold it by the letter box, I can reach through and get them."

He just looked at me, and said "Me? How?"

I've always had cats.. Gave the dog thing a try when my kids were younger via the borrowmydoggie community. A great way to combine an a occasional dog sitter with some kids that fancy a dog but will grow out of the idea. After having a brown lab on and off, my kids realised they are truly disgusting animal and eat and roll in all kinds of sh$t (literally).

Cats can be lower maintenance, but they are particularly dumb. I certainly wouldn't be fighting to keep our two in any custody battle.

As well as some endearing and sometimes downright soppy personality traits, cats can be a bit quirky or dopey or selfish, out and out thick, smelly and any of the other seemingly unattractive traits anyone wishes to throw their way and they're all the reasons I like them.

I like (some) dogs too.

We've had cat's for over forty years now, usually two at a time. The current pair keep staring at me, bastards.

I like both tbh

but I have never had a dog

always had cats

had one for 7 years he just moved in with me

present cat I rescued as a kitten

Sponsored Links
Back