Best Combi Boilers

Sponsored Links
My Vaillant, with a British Gas service plan ( cost £ 160 a year, great peace of mind ) is now 25 years old, probably nowhere near efficient by todays standards, works week in week out, was rebuilt about 7 years ago by BG service chaps, thinking of changing with the scrappage scheme now in place, but it will depend on costs new. The best combi's by a mile are Vaillant and Worcester, in a league of their own.

[edit] gah! just noticed the date of the OP :oops:

The old Valiant's lasted forever, don't expect any of the new boilers to last as long, they are now built to last a maximum lifecycle of 10yrs. Anything more and your laughing.

But if you were to comapre the components of boilers 20yrs back and today, you will see the materials are of totally different quality. In the old days they were made in germany, these days they are built in Poland or Far east.

Jeff

(Engineering by birth and by trade, also have a PhD in it to prove it)[/quote]

Sponsored Links
The combi in my 'other' house (up for sale) is a ten year old Vokera Linea 28. Its not a make to go wild about, but its been almost faultless, aside from having to clean some crap off the diverter pin in January that was affecting the hot water. One 1 1/2 hour fix in ten years is not bad, it still looks like new, works brilliantly and I see no reason why it won't continue as long as its diverter pin is cleaned now and again.

I took the DHW Heat Exchanger off to check it and that was pretty clean.

God bless clean installation and Sentinel X100. The old boiler had been a big old balanced flue Gas Guzzler Vulcan of about 1965 vintage. The system was not powerflushed either when we changed it, we just flushed the system through three or four times with fresh water.

Alfredo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back