Best combi boiler

And there we have it..... I think that your ideal boiler lies between a B&Q special and a Havabashieknackercrackie Super Deluxe Gold plated, complete with a small nuclear power station as a back up that never breaks down but if it does need parts, then you will die of old age waiting for them to come from the manufacturer......

Sponsored Links
hi can someone please tell me whats the best kind of combination boiler to get for reliability and most powerful thanks

A bit of a contradiction that one. Must be a joke question :?:

The old Vokera SP was not too bad but unfortunately they have stopped making them. If you wanted to go for a regular boiler then an E Type or a Mexico (not the FF one) but they have stopped making them too.

Joking aside, whatever you choose, every make, you will need deep pockets to fix it over it's short lifetime so as PVM says go for a long guarantee and at least the first 5 years are covered.
Bet your old boiler has given good service with only a few niggles over the years. Don't think for a minute they still make them like that.
Personally i fit Vaillants (2 yrs)or WB (2yrs but up to 5) because i like the Vaillants (easy to fit and fix) and the custs like the WB (the woman next door has one and it looks nice). These boilers sell themselves because of the public's perception of them. If you are skint i recommend a cheap Vokera easy to sell in west of Scotland because of their previous good rep. (Sabre £30 cheaper same blr). Pay your money take your chance!

Boilers can be a bit like cars. Do you go for the Kia at 6K, 5 yr warranty and drive it with a balaklava on or buy the beemer for 30K and polish it every Sunday to impress the neighbours? Which one would be most reliable? At the end of the day they will both get you where you want to go but you buy to suit your budget. Difference is do you really need to impress the neighbours with a boiler?

What is the point of spending an extra 2K on an installation with all the bits to save £100 a year? Thats a 20 year payback and your new boiler will be lucky to last 10 years!

In my own house i have got an Ariston???(dunno, some system one, it's in the attic and i have never been near it for 3 years). Not a personal choice or one that i fit but i knew the rep and got it for £100. It works fine and gives me plenty heat and water and i have never seen it since i put it in. First time it coughs and i can't fix it with what i have in the van (in under 30 minutes) it will be in the skip and i'll stick in whatever else i can pick up cheap.
If it was me i would go for any cheap boiler with the std pipe layout FHGCR then it is easy and cheaply swapped in the future.

You may have noticed i am not trying to sell you on anything. Just giving you an honest opinion.

hi can someone please tell me whats the best kind of combination boiler to get for reliability and most powerful thanks
Does it have to be a combi? If you are replacing an existing boiler that supplies a cylinder for hot water, I would stick with a condensing replacement for that, then there's always a ready supply of hot water on hand.

Because the incoming cold mains water temperature can fall by 10 degrees in winter the quantity of hot water produced by a combi also falls, but with a cylinder, hot water temperature is controlled by a thermostat on it, so temperature and flow will be consistent all year around.

Also looking at the posts on here, most combi's don't seem that reliable, because of all the extra parts they have.

As usual this posting has produced the expected stream of " I fit xxxxxx boilers " so I dont see what has been achieved.

The only common factor for any boiler to be reliable is that its correctly sized for the usage and that the system is spotlessly clean and properly dosed with inhibitor.

Tony

Sponsored Links

A bit of a contradiction that one. Must be a joke question :?:

The old Vokera SP was not too bad but unfortunately they have stopped making them. If you wanted to go for a regular boiler then an E Type or a Mexico (not the FF one) but they have stopped making them too.

Personally i fit Vaillants (2 yrs)or WB (2yrs but up to 5) because i like the Vaillants (easy to fit and fix) and the custs like the WB (the woman next door has one and it looks nice). These boilers sell themselves because of the public's perception of them. If you are skint i recommend a cheap Vokera easy to sell in west of Scotland because of their previous good rep. reliable?

You may have noticed i am not trying to sell you on anything. Just giving you an honest opinion.

very good advice
the new vokera Procombi seems to be a reasonable boiler fitted a few now with no problems.
vaillant / WB again very little problems with them

Atag, if you have the room. I've heard good things about the Broag boilers but not installed one yet. I have installed most makes from A to W and had breakdowns out of the box with all makes. In this financial climate I would look at the warranty on boilers (although some manufacturers squirm out of them).

This is a personal opinion.

Alan

Lhamborgini combi come's in 4 different casing colour's , white , blk, red , or silver , 7 year warranty , made in Italy , made to the same engineering standard as the lambo car's , when u next hold a dinner party for freind's , your boiler could or would be a talking point , the very name invoke's , style , flair, pannashe , passion , excellence , go for the lambo a work of art !!!

Unfortunately old Lamborghini's business is well broken up and means nothing but the name.
The car side is now German owned (VAG)
Toni Lamborghini makes poofs clothes
Pati gets phished on her home brew
And i think it is Hector Lamborghini who makes the boilers of many colours although the Toni wan might have had a hand in there :LOL:

Think the still do tractors as well :rolleyes:

made in Italy

The land of the Fiat

Ideal Lodic plus is a vgood boiler.

i believe that if it last more than 18 months!! Ideal are crap and their customer service is even worse.

you must of had a bad experince with ideal customer service, still better than most at least they answer the bloody phone unlike vaillant group.

Like iv said on here before the logic is a vgood boiler better than most on the market at the min.

at least they answer the bloody phone unlike vaillant group.

I just phone the rep and tell him what is happening and it is then his problem. Must say never had any problems doing it that way.

Might just try a logic as i have heard other good reports of them and if it goes jugs up i might blame you ;) :LOL:

Btw does wee Peter Sinclair still work with them. Got the ****s number somewhere i might give him a ring if i can find it.

I received an email this morning notifying me that a new reply had been made to this thread.

So I have two thoughts on this new reply.

1, where is this this new reply.

2, does the email relate to the last reply which was posted on 30th March 2010 or is it that the "system" has taken almost 9 years to land on my phone?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back