Best combi to work on from a gas engineers point of view

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen inside quite a few combi's over the years. When ever i have an issue I always work alongside my engineer to try learn what the issue is. So I see how he changes the secondary heat exchangers , for example.

I've removed my own secondary HE and cleaned it out. I have the vaillant eco plus 837 and its doing fine at coming up to 16 y/o. On all the other boilers ive seen, removing the Sec HE would be a bit hard for me as you have to remove other bits.

Which boilers are good to work on ? I'm assuming the slightly bigger cased boilers are the ones to go for if space is not an issue.

Sponsored Links
Baxi 105 e/he
Baxi duotec
Baxi 600 series
all an absolute piece of cake to work on with plenty of space to get at all the parts

Like the Logic, Vogue, Baxi 105, Vokera Flowmatic and excel
Intergas too

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
I’ve worked on a few, probably easiest is Vaillant ecotec pro and ecomax, the new Sustain isn’t. I also like the Potterton suprima HE which could be a rebadged one mentioned above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back