Best CU for all RCBOs, domestic install

Sponsored Links
I appreciate that Ban. It was the bottom one I was interested in. The top one is just a plastic enclosure with a bit of DIN rail in it.

Sponsored Links
Wylex metal clad have waaaaay more room in them for rcbo's than the plastic ones

i agree wylex are the boards we use at work and i have no problems with them at all.

Do you have a model number of the metal clad ranges that offer more headroom? I have one of the Wylex NHRS range here and its not very good.

If you really wanted to use a metal board with TT, you could put a Type S RCD in front of it, couldn't you?

You can, but it would need to be in a seperate insulated enclosure.

Using an all insulated CU is the better design IMO

If you really wanted to use a metal board with TT, you could put a Type S RCD in front of it, couldn't you?
You can, but it would need to be in a seperate insulated enclosure.
Yes, that goes without saying - otherwise it would serve the purpose in question.

Using an all insulated CU is the better design IMO
Sure - but some people here seemed to favour using a metal one (for 'all RCBOs') because it is bigger - hence my sugegstion as to one way they could do that, if they wanted to, even with TT.

Kind Regards, John.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back