All RCBOs?

Yes sorry type B. The cost implications will go away once it becomes a common device.
Maybe - but, as I've said, 'price toppling' won't happen until the first few million customers have been persuaded to pay extremely high prices.

Given the fashion for RCBOs, do you think that single-module-width Type B RCBOs will become widely available?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Maybe if everyone on here starts encouraging people to use type B then it’ll help the price come down quicker.

Yes I’m sure it will. We now have compact type A RCBOs so even if we go back to full height I’m sure the boffins will work out how to do it.

Maybe if everyone on here starts encouraging people to use type B then it’ll help the price come down quicker.
Maybe. I think I'll leave that to you :)
Yes I’m sure it will. We now have compact type A RCBOs so even if we go back to full height I’m sure the boffins will work out how to do it.
Quite possibly. However, as I've said, I get the feeling that they may need to effectively (or maybe even literally) have multiple different mechanisms within them, which could make the miniaturising even more challenging.

One thing to consider is that the more complex things get, the more there is to go wrong - so perhaps a price to be paid for having devices which "cover all eventualities" will be that they may not be quite so reliable at covering any of the eventualities? There is often a lot to be said for 'simple'.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back