RCBOs for Older Type Wylex Board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need advice from you RCBO gurus.

Looked at a refurb today. The existing board is an older Wylex skeleton (DIN) board populated with old Type 2 (NB) type breakers.

There's a lot to do in the property that needs RCD protection and just replacing the board with a new one would cause major problems.
So I may as well make it a 17th and swop out all the old breakers for RCBOs (yes I know)...

Has anyone had any experience of shoehorning the new sytle NSBS RCBOs into the old style Wylex boards? Any issues?

Sponsored Links
iirc the old NN range boards have a completely different bussbar arrangement from the current boards.

Yes, the bus fits onto the front of the old style mcbs.

I guess I could just fit a new isolator and busbar - basically replace all of the guts of the consumer unit - or retain the incomer (I think that has the solid neutral bus attached to it) and provide a short link from incomer to a new busbar that serves all the RCBOs?

Sponsored Links
agree with that.

dont mullah the old board,just fit a new skeleton.
while your at it,remove that lethal metal shield attatched to the enclosure
and dont just bin the plastic one,see that so often.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back