Wylex NN Boards.

K

kai

I got in touch with Wylex, who told me that their first generation din-rail boards, were made between 1982 and 1992. The NB breakers are very hard to find these days, selling for up to 40 pounds each new. The NN Boards had removable din-rails, just like the modern Wylex units.
Has anyone tried replacing the half-din rail in the old NN board, with a modern one from a bargain priced Wylex consumer unit, and mounted the current Wylex devices in it? Did it work?

Sponsored Links
Some older wylex boards, i dont recall the range, would also take the older style proteus breakers
Whether you would want to or feel it is wrong to do so is a different issue.
For those who frown on mix and match mcbs, then adapting an existing board wouldnt go down to well

Some older wylex boards, i dont recall the range, would also take the older style proteus breakers. Whether you would want to or feel it is wrong to do so is a different issue. For those who frown on mix and match mcbs, then adapting an existing board wouldnt go down to well
It wouldn't, and I'm sure the phrase "Type Tested" (or not!) would feature highly in their comments!

However, if one was going to populate a CU enclosure entirely with components from one (but different) manufacturer then, provided it all worked mechanically (dimensions etc.), I think one would have to stretch one's imagination quite a long way to argue that that could present any (electrical) problem. However, why anyone would want to do that, given that the enclosures themselves are hardly expensive, is a different matter!

Kind Regards, John

I think that a 100 percent Wylex din-rail, complete with new 100 percent Wylex devices should be compliant, if fitted in an old Wylex NN board.
There are modern Wylex boards at bargain basement prices, fully populated with 100 percent Wylex devices on sale at present. (Plastic Casing).

Sponsored Links
Consider neutral bars. Are there enough or can they be moved over.

Clips for the bus bar cover.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back