Consumer unit.

There are a lot of magnetic fields inside a CU! Remember that a manufacturer's type-tested CU will (should) have been tested in a way that would discover any interaction between the devices within that CU.
Sure - but, as I said, I would not be totally comfortable relying on devices which were susceptible to to the extent that safety might be compromised, whether the fields in question originated within or outside of the CU! ... an argument for 'non-electronic' devices, I suppose!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
an argument for 'non-electronic' devices, I suppose!
Or an argument for buying products from reputable manufacturers, rather then the cheapest!

I should have qualified my recollections by saying that the variations were small, and might have been expected from poor-quality products anyway.

an argument for 'non-electronic' devices, I suppose!
Or an argument for buying products from reputable manufacturers, rather then the cheapest!
Yes, but that's not what we've been talking about. The "don't mix devices" argument is thrown around even when all the devices concerned are expensive ones from the most 'reputable' of manufacturers.
I should have qualified my recollections by saying that the variations were small, and might have been expected from poor-quality products anyway.
You more-or-less did, and I agreed with you. As I have implied, the tests you described involving (probably 'cheap', and maybe 'nasty'!) 'copies' and 'compatibles' really relate to a very different situation (at least, one with many more variables/'unknowns') as compared with mixing 'expensive' devices from reputable manufacturers.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
So does BSEN-whatever-it-is-CBA-to-look-it-up not specify limits on EMR emissions and susceptibility?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back