Wylex RCBOs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a bit of help regarding wylex made RCBOs.

A friend of mine has a two way wylex consumer unit supplying a lighting and socket outlet circuit in a remote part of his house. He wants to add RCD protection to the socket circuit and I suggested the easiest way round this would be to replace the MCB for the sockets with an RCBO.

The trouble is however, the designs of the wylex MCBs, RCDs and consumer units were altered around two years back. Have the designs of the RCBOs also changed? It would need to be single module.

Any help appareciated.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I forgot to mention this.
I cant remember off hand but I am farly sure its the NH range.

Cheers.

Clitheroe said:
Sorry, I forgot to mention this.
I cant remember off hand but I am farly sure its the NH range.

Cheers.

NH range is current and readily available. If in doubt, I think there is an enquiry contact in the catalogue.

Sponsored Links
The only thing to bear in mind is that all Wylex/Crabtree RCBO's are C type.

securespark said:

Why do they do that? It annoying. Square D KQ range are the same, only available in C type. Whats wrong with supplying B type as well?

Spark123 said:
securespark said:

Why do they do that? It annoying. Square D KQ range are the same, only available in C type. Whats wrong with supplying B type as well?

I've fitted type B 32A SquareD KQ RCBOs

RF Lighting said:
I broke one the other day trying to remove it from an MCB

You have to pull off that little insert on the front first as it locks them together.

Then, two small screwdrivers, one in the little hole on each side, and both pushed inwards together, will lift the snap-on front of the pod away from the MCB.

Then you rotate the pod upwards, pivoting around the lugs on the back, and it comes away.

JohnD said:
RF Lighting said:
I broke one the other day trying to remove it from an MCB

You have to pull off that little insert on the front first as it locks them together.

Then, two small screwdrivers, one in the little hole on each side, and both pushed inwards together, will lift the snap-on front of the pod away from the MCB.

Then you rotate the pod upwards, pivoting around the lugs on the back, and it comes away.

I found breaking it was much easier :oops:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: post the next one to me with £5 and I will dismantle it for you

(discounts for quantities)

(I forgot to say - you have to push out the black DIN-rail-retaining clip as well, and the plastic peg in the back (if present)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back