Best DIY floor for kitchen diner

Have you looked at click together LVT? Personally I'm moving away from laminate towards this - I don't consider it as prone to scratching, chipping etc.
I've just done my new utility room in this trendy concrete style finish and it looks pretty good.
IMG_20180701_110604501.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sounds interesting, what brand? Just click? No stick?

Yes, just like laminate. Can't remember what brand mine was - came off eBay a while ago. Also thinner than laminate, about 4mm thick so easier round doors etc.

One of the worst ideas in flooring.
Floor has to be level so you still have to prep , you have to leave a expansion gap too.
But the worst thing is they don’t like direct sunlight as the headers peak up.
Stopped selling it due to the above problems.

Sponsored Links
Went to B&Q and it was £28/m, so I'm out!
I'll use cheap laminate that I will regret in the future - don't have the money for a good surface now, and cheap laminate will be easy to put down, and easy to take up a burn in a few years!

One of the worst ideas in flooring.
Floor has to be level so you still have to prep , you have to leave a expansion gap too.
But the worst thing is they don’t like direct sunlight as the headers peak up.
Stopped selling it due to the above problems.

Hmmm, I researched this after your post and there do seem to be issues which is quite worrying! Hopefully mine will be ok - a small area in an internal room and laid directly onto new and flat 22mm chipboard floor (it seems underlay allowing flexing is one of the issues).

I'd be interested to know whether it's particular makes that are problematic as the likes of Karndeen and Amtico do this stuff at top end prices with 20 year warranties.

I had Karndean in my last house, was great. One friend thought the wood effect in the lounge was real wood.

Hmmm, I researched this after your post and there do seem to be issues which is quite worrying! Hopefully mine will be ok - a small area in an internal room and laid directly onto new and flat 22mm chipboard floor (it seems underlay allowing flexing is one of the issues).

I'd be interested to know whether it's particular makes that are problematic as the likes of Karndeen and Amtico do this stuff at top end prices with 20 year warranties.

You will be ok with small area. I know loads of fitters who have stopped using it now.
Doe t matter who makes it. Best one out is quickstep Livyn but heard of that having a problem too

Went to B&Q and it was £28/m, so I'm out!
I'll use cheap laminate that I will regret in the future - don't have the money for a good surface now, and cheap laminate will be easy to put down, and easy to take up a burn in a few years!

Buy right or buy twice as the saying goes..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back