"Best" durable/washable/scrubbable emulsion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a good durable/scrubbable magnolia emulsion - cost is an issue but I'd prefer a good result to saving a few quid.

It is for the walls (about 40 sqm) of a room in which my parrots live - consequently it will get regularly covered with all sorts of food that they throw around and will need frequent light washing with the occasional scrubbing where stuff has stuck fast!

Ideally I'd like a matt finish, but that's probably asking too much from a matt paint,

The walls have just been newly skimmed so I could probably get away with a silk or soft-sheen finish, but frankly I don't know the difference between the two!

I plan to mist coat with crown or B&Q non-vinyl matt.

Thanks as always for the great advice in here.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that - I did wonder if "diamond" meant hard wearing!! I wish they wouldn't make up these damn silly names instead of jut using easily understandable words like "scrubbable" ....

Some people like the Dulux Endurance range - retail version of the Trade Diamond and a bit cheaper. It is also scrubbable.

Sponsored Links
Yes Diamond Matt by Dulux or Johnstones do an equally good product which is actually more matt than Diamond Matt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back