Best Dyson under £300 ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a fairly large two bedroom apartment that is only carpeted so no hard floor area.
My Dyson V6 doesn't cut it and I'm sick of the battery running out halfway through vacuuming the place. So I want to get another Dyson under £300 and my priority is maximum dust extraction as I'm a bit sensitive to dust. Also, I don't want super fine particles being blown back out. So, I want to get a model that has a cord for unlimited cleaning time or a long-life battery and with super strong suction power and fine particle dust retention.
Convenience isn't a priority to me, so I don't mind between cordless or upright.

My sub-£300 Dyson options are:

Upright/plug in

- Small Ball Allergy (£199)

- Small ball Animal 2 (249)

- Ball Animal 2 (£299) *sold out*

Cordless

- V8 (£299)

- Micro 1.5g (£299)

- V7 (£299)

Ball Animal 2 seems to be perpetually sold out.
So, baring that one, what is the best option from the list according to my above criteria?

Sponsored Links
Small ball animal certainly has plenty of suction, lifts the carpets even on the lowest setting, it is also much more manoeuvrable around furniture than our other older one with a wider head. I would imagine the allergy one would have better filtration from that description but no experience of it. Can't comment on other models.

Get a henry with a hepa filter much better than falling for Dyson’s hype.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back