Best Emulsion Paint For Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Would be very grateful for some professional advice regarding the painting of bathroom walls with emulsion paint.

I have stripped and thoroughly cleaned the walls down to the bare plaster. They are perfect. Best part of 3 days solid work! (retired now).

I wish to re-paint with a good emulsion paint and would prefer not to do the job again for at least 3-4 years. Please give me your advice regarding the best emulsion brand etc to use.

Regards.

GT

Sponsored Links
They are all pretty much of a muchness in my opinion, just don't apply it too thick, thin it down a bit, especially the first coat if there is bare plaster, (mist coat).

Sponsored Links
Thanks for responding, no recommendation of a make?

I can thoroughly recommend Zinsser Permawhite - which doesn't actually have to be white, it can be tinted to most colours assuming not too dark. (I got it tinted to a very nice Wedgewood blue).

It's guaranteed mould-proof and it has a matter finish than most of those nasty shiny bathroom paints (which are often just a gimmick in any case, ie don't make any difference to condensation mould, etc).

I've heard that Crown is one of the leading brand and there is Crown’s Clean Extreme paint if you are looking for a washable paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back