Best exterior wood paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you please suggest a good exterior wood paint. I have existing painted doors which need repainting. Some have a satin finish and others a gloss finish. The paint is flaking and peeling and needs replacing to maintain weatherproofing.

How should I got about this and what is the best paint to use so that it will last as I don't want to do the job very often.

Sponsored Links
I can say one thing for sure, that Johnstone's exterior paint is well worth the buy.
It's not as expensive paint either, but applied correctly it has a long life.

Any chance you could take a picture for us?

Ideally, you need to remove all that loose paint and sand down what is left, clean all the door with white spirit, apply one or even two layers of undercoat, and once it's completely dry, two coats of your paint of choice.

The work you do to the door, will effect the quality of the finished surface; a good sand down and two coats of undercoat will give you a smooth, and even surface, adding beauty to your hard work.

image.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back