Best Fence Paint?

I used the Ronseal, dark oak, sprayed onto an old wooden fence, with one new panel. It went on quickly, and evenly, last summer autumn and now it looks fine, really good. You do have to put on a fair bit, as it can be patchy otherwise, but coverage was fine. For me the only issue is the level of protection it affords the wood, but thus far after 6+ months, it's good.

Sponsored Links
Last autumn I put up and painted about 20m of 6ft feather edge using Cuprinol ducks-back (dark oak).

I think I worked it out at 120sqm, and then at 3 coats on both sides saw me using nearly 100l of paint.

It seems to be pretty good though. As others have said, ducksback is water-based, however it is also quite waxy. The first coat just soaks right into the timber, the second evens up the colour, and the third coat seems to sit on the surface. Now when wet, the water simply beads and runs off.

Its survived the winter with no issues, so we'll see if it lasts as long as sit says on the tin..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back