Best Grinder Blades For Paving Slabs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
agree with the above, and the narrower the better, wider blades are really slow on my similarly cheap angle grinder.

Regarding cutting in half you can cut from one side and then tap it over a batten to snap the rest of the way if you can cope with a rough edge.

You'll struggle with a 125mm grinder, regardless of the blade.
Rent a 9 inch grinder and get a diamond blade (I've had hitachi for years and still going strong, now hikoki I think)

Sponsored Links
Yes I know I will but I only have 4 whole cuts to do and this is for a parasol base on the cheap, I'll see how I get on .....

I've ordered a diamond one now anyway, I'll probably need to do other bits and bobs with it anyway. Maybe I'll not use the new blade unless I feel I need to.

Good idea, the bonded ones have a "use by" date - something to do with the bonding adhesive breaking down over time.

You'll struggle with a 125mm grinder, regardless of the blade.
Rent a 9 inch grinder and get a diamond blade (I've had hitachi for years and still going strong, now hikoki I think)
Just seen a 9" grinder come up on marketplace for £20 so I'll grab that. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back