best had saw for cutting pine ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just had a quick look on screwfix and there are 100s of different hand saws on there

just wondering if someone could recommend me one i need to cut some pine (a newel, handrail and some spindles) want to get quite a nice finish but cant afford to spend too much

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
you have to get the angles exact the faces dead flat and smooth and you suggest a hand saw!!!!

would you gloss the woodwork with a yard broom!!!
invest in a mitre saw as the angles are crutial for a tight safe fit

Indeed, a panel saw is not the best tool for the job. At the very least use a tenon saw and a good quality mitre box, but a mitre saw (whether powered or not) would be far preferable.

However on the subject of panel saws, I use these as general purpose saws, good finish with an easy and fast cut in pretty much anything (small timbers, 2x4s, joists, OSB, ply, MDF, chip, kitchen worktop.. not for in a kitchen you understand): http://www.screwfix.com/prods/77451...el-Saws/Bahco-Barracuda-Hard-Point-Handsaw-20

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back