Best hand tool?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Out the front of my house there is a concrete floor with a raised bit of grass with a surrounding curb. It is becoming overgrown with grass and weeds growing in the curb.

Can anyone recommend a hand tool to use to get rid?

I can't use any chemical removers as there are a lot of animals in the neighbourhood.

I was thinking a hoe may do the job but didn't know if there was a designated tool that does the job nicely?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
As far as a hand tool goes I think you mean a patio scrapper like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Patio-Wee...rden_Plants_Fertiliser_CV&hash=item35d4eba24f

But the effects are short term if roots have taken hold. weed killer or a blow torch will keep them away longer

The patio scrapper looks ok but was after something with a handle. If you can imagine the street where the road meets the curb of the pavement. I need to run something around there. Don't really want to go out there with a blow torch as I think the neighbours would run a mile. Something less intrusive if possible where I can scrape and just sweep away.

I've tried vinegar in the garden and that didn't seem to work for me.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Patio brush (wire brush on the end) or a floor scrapper ?

I have a "weed wand" long handle and takes gas canister, recommend that above any tool. It's not like a plumbers blowtorch that people might have. Also used only for seconds

Patio brush (wire brush on the end) or a floor scrapper ?

I have a "weed wand" long handle and takes gas canister, recommend that above any tool. It's not like a plumbers blowtorch that people might have. Also used only for seconds

I just googled floor scraper and that looks quite interesting actually as long as it isn't too big lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back