Best heating control (thermostat / programmer) for a holiday let

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What please would be the best heating controls (thermostat / programmer) for a holiday let - driven by a non combi oil fired boiler ? I would like something where the maximum temperature can be locked or can only manually be overwritten from what has been pre programmed for a limited period of time - affording some degree of flexibility.

Ideally it would also have frost protection (for those non letting periods) and be capable of being controlled by wi-fi . If the wi-fi goes down it would be great if it notified you and or reverted to frost protection or some minimum setting.

Thanks
Scoobz

Sponsored Links
Mimonitor make a stat that does what you want and only you can over ride the settings with your phone, but if the wifi goes down it wont work

We stayed in a holiday let once where we had to keep pestering the owner to turn the power up remotely. Wasn’t happy and left bad reviews on several sites about that. There’s nothing worse than renting somewhere under those conditions. If you are going to do that, be open about it and warn potential renters that you will be controlling the heating.

Motttie i wont be freezing anybody and feel the same about it as you .... I would limit it to a maximum of 23 or 22 with a 2 hour over-ride of up to 25 ideally. But some people just take the ****. Plus i will be using it myself in the main initially

Sponsored Links
On his rental houses, my uncle used to have an extra thermostat/frost stat wired so that the house temperature would never fall below 16 degrees. The tenants used to tell him what a lovely warm house he had provided!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back