Best LED Dowblights

Sponsored Links
LEDs rarely, if ever, have unity power factor.
I presume that you are referring to "LED lamps" or "LED bulbs". I cannot see how a light-emitting diode could have a non-unity power factor.

It is, of course, important to use correct terminology. LED lamps do contain LEDs, just as switch-mode power supplies almost always contain transformers, but it is apparently wrong to be influenced by that.

Kind Regards, John

Indeed I was referring to LED lamps.

But LEDs are diodes and as such have capacitance. So I suppose with very low level AC, too low to forward bias them, they could show a low power factor.

Indeed I was referring to LED lamps.
Thanks for confirming.
But LEDs are diodes and as such have capacitance. So I suppose with very low level AC, too low to forward bias them, they could show a low power factor.
That's really nit-picking, given that they would never be used like that (since they would produce no light!) :) In normal operation (producing light!), I imagine that the capacitance would fade into total insignificance, and the PF would be as close to unity as made no difference.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Fittings: http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Lighting/p76299
Lamps: http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p80549

Avoid the integrated types, as when one fails in a year or three they won't be available any more and you then have a choice of having one odd one or replacing the entire lot.
Same applies to anything which uses non-standard lamp connectors, lamps with unusual lengths, custom LED modules specific to one type of fitting or anything else which is only available from a single manufacturer.

Are these suitable for bathrooms? If not what do you recommend?

They do a IP65 version, but want some in brushed chrome, any other recommendations?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back