Best make of Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering - is there much to chose between the makes of radiators in terms of performance?

Who makes the best, reasonably priced double convectors?!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
All the bleeding same IMHO......Stelrad ... Myson... Rettig.... et al ..... as long as it says what you needs on the tin then go for it ... most have a 5 year guarantee

anyone got experience with Heat Line rads?

Very good value - and numbers look the same as other brands.

Thanks

Just wondering - is there much to chose between the makes of radiators in terms of performance?

In my experience, no.

I think if there are any differences it would be more in terms of the paint finish, brackets, packaging, quality of attached grilles etc. but I've never had any problems using cheaper radiators.

I am a householder not a professional.

Sponsored Links
the heat output can be sgnificantly different, have a look at some catalogues.

the heat output can be sgnificantly different, have a look at some catalogues.

Surely, unless you need a radiator of a certain (physical) size you look in the catalogue and buy one of the right output - after checking the measurement method of course?

I do need one of a particular size - I'm upgrading a single convector to a double convector, so a same size replacement makes a lot of sense (1400x600)

Best have a look in the catalogues as Gavinda said then.

Thinking about it more deeply I can see that the word 'perfomance' could be interpreted more than one way, will bear this in mind for the future.

same size rad of different brands can have a greatly varying output. see the dif between stelrad and centre brand for instance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back