Best method to scan and share documents?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning Folks

Can someone suggest the various methods of scanning and sharing documents such as receipts, invoices, and bank statements?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Sponsored Links
Good Morning Folks

Can someone suggest the various methods of scanning and sharing documents such as receipts, invoices, and bank statements?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

You can buy a dedicated scanner either flat bed or feed versions but also a lot of printers have the same function. You can normally scan in multiple ways such as word docs, PDFs, JPEG and quite a few more types.

As for sharing them how do you mean via email etc?

You can always photograph them on your mobile phone, then attach and email them from there.
Or "share" them from Dropbox, if you've set your phone to automatically upload photos to dropbox....

Sponsored Links
Take a picture with your I pad and send in a email, but only a couple of images at a time or they will take an age to download the other end.

The usual method is to walk to the company photocopier, scan the item - it then emails the scan to me.
Then I can email that on.
Sometimes after a little edit with PDF995

I wouldn't do that one - Google have the rights to anything uploaded, and can invoke a percentage handling fee on transactions etc.

Lol.

Are you saying that Google would start charging everyone a fee when they upload a copy of their bank statement for safe keeping, and share their picture of Auny Gert drunk at the bridge club?

And no, Google don't own everything upload to Drive. :rolleyes: Google it.

I wouldn't do that one - Google have the rights to anything uploaded, and can invoke a percentage handling fee on transactions etc.

Lol.

Are you saying that Google would start charging everyone a fee when they upload a copy of their bank statement for safe keeping, and share their picture of Auny Gert drunk at the bridge club?

And no, Google don't own everything upload to Drive. :rolleyes: Google it.

April Fool :D:D

Hi

It depends who you want to share with really.

Do you want to share it with people within your computer network (I.e if you have a network setup at home then you can access folders from each others computer.)

Or did you want to share it with people on a different network to yours.

If it's the prior then you could create a folder on your computer, right click and then click on the permissions tab.
You can them add the login names of the people you'd want to give access to view items in that folder.

This will allow them to view any document within this folder. You could also tailor the permissions to give specific people rights to modify delete add etc.

Now, if it's the latter, then your options are to scan the document to your self, either scan to email if your printer has that optio or simply scan to you hard drive and the attach it to a email and send it to who ever you need to.

I hope this helps any questions feel free to ask.

When an image is scanned, it is converted to a .pdf file format by the imaging software to enable it to be sent as an attachment.
I use CS scanner on my phone and tablets which is excellent.
Whenever my wife nags me about leaving scribbled notes around, instead of having to sort them they get saved to a file and peace is restored
litl

If your printer have scan features then, you can scan it there. You can share it via email, dropbox or onedrive if you have. Just add the email address to whom you like to share.

If you've got an iPhone or android smart phone download an app called scannable. It's totally free and is amazing for doing this job. Much better than photo

Sponsored Links
Back