Best option for loft conversion.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm looking into having my loft converted into an en-suite bedroom.
currently I have a header tank etc in the loft, there is an area where the tanks could be moved to in the loft.

As the stairs to the loft are going where the immersion tank currently lives what are the best options with regard to hotwater/heating boiler type etc?

my house will be a 5 bed 2 main bathroom and 2 ensuites.

I am confused as to what would be the best option as I've heard that a combi boiler may cause hot water starvation?

Would I be better with a system boiler?

Thanks in advance for any help.

and finally any recommendations on boiler manufacturer?
favouring valiant or worcester at the moment.

Apologies for so many question in 1 post! ;)

Sponsored Links
my house will be a 5 bed 2 main bathroom and 2 ensuites.

I am confused as to what would be the best option as I've heard that a combi boiler may cause hot water starvation?
Unless you have a very good mains water supply you will not be able to run more than one outlet at a time if you have a combi boiler. You need to get the flow rate and pressure checked. You will probably need a stored hot water system

I have a header tank etc in the loft, there is an area where the tanks could be moved to in the loft.
Which header tank are you talking about? The small one for the CH or the large one for the HW cylinder? A system boiler will eliminate the smaller one but you will still need the bigger one if you go for stored HW.

the stairs to the loft are going where the immersion tank currently lives
You could move the HW cylinder to the loft and put the cold water tank in the apex of the roof above the cylinder. However the water pressure in the loft ensuite would not be very good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back