Best order to decorate inc. Floor sanding?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I am new to this board so was hoping for some guidance on this task I have.
I have to decorate some rooms from top to bottom - ceilings white, walls need painting over some excisting paper - incidently, what is best paint to do this ? Obliterating Emulsion?
Or should I use 3 maybe 4 coats of contract emulsion otherwise?
I also need to undercoat and gloss
and significantly I need to remove carpet then sand and varnish the floors - my question is this >
what is the best order to do these jobs in - I want to use the fact that the floors are currently covered to save sheeting up and do the ceilings first but after that should I do all the emulsion on walls and dust them after heavy sanding ? or sand first and then cover floors when painting?
thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts on this one too, as I'm in exactly the same situation.

I am hopeful someone cab offer advice as I still haven't started yet! Been a hold up on the job. Any thoughts on which order to do floors and walls would be appreciated. Have found dust free sander and am inclined towards ceilings, walls, sand floors ,varnish then gloss skirting later. any better suggestions?

Sponsored Links
I am hopeful someone cab offer advice as I still haven't started yet! Been a hold up on the job. Any thoughts on which order to do floors and walls would be appreciated. Have found dust free sander and am inclined towards ceilings, walls, sand floors ,varnish then gloss skirting later. any better suggestions?

Really late on this but you are spot on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back