Best outdoor adhesive?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was looking at Gorilla Grab Adhesive (Toolstation) and Evo-Stik Sticks Like Sh*T Turbo Grab Adhesive (Screwfix). Anybody know which is better for outdoor (rain, cold, sun, etc.) use?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Where specifically are you using the lead?

As per Woody's recommendation, I would use lead mate to seal the edges of lead flashing, where, for example, it meets timber. I have no idea how well it works as an adhesive though. Lead gets hot in direct sunlight, the tiles that you may be gluing it to may be dusty or damp, and so on.

Sorry, in most cases you might be fine but it is hard to say without details.

It's on the roof of a single story extension that has a flat bit and two bits of inclined bits. There are some ridge tiles where the two bits meet and the lead flashing is on the ridges. There's two lengths of flashing that overlap on the ridges and the adhesive that used to be there has worn away so I just want to put is back together, before any water or anything else gets in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back