best paint for kitchen ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have to paint a ceiling on sunday night in a very busy pub in oakham plenty off food business. i have left some sugar soap for the staff to clean the said roof for me so it SHOULD be a case of quick prepair and start painting. now my question is what is the best paint to buy as the kitchen is very moist with steam ect any help would be appreciated. i will be getting the paint from crown

Sponsored Links
i have to paint a ceiling on sunday night in a very busy pub in oakham plenty off food business. i have left some sugar soap for the staff to clean the said roof for me so it SHOULD be a case of quick prepair and start painting. now my question is what is the best paint to buy as the kitchen is very moist with steam ect any help would be appreciated. i will be getting the paint from crown

youve probably painted it by now but i advice you dont use crown use a dulux paint better coverage and longer lasting.

it would be white softsheen you would want due to the sheen it dosnt let stuff stick or mark it can be wiped clean because its baisically an eggshell finish =]

Sponsored Links
painting it tomorrow night, got a account at crown so will go to one of the sheds and pick some dulux up

dulux although it is a little more expencive the coverage is alot better. just make sure its softsheen and not matt.

with matt & a kitchen the steam and that makes the paint disintigrate due to it being all pigment.

with soft sheen its a slightly shiny finish that dosnt let steam affect it.

good lucky :) as for the busy pub....... rather you than me :p i know which side of the bar id want to be on lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back