Stippled/Artex Bathroom Ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Time for a weekend of decorating. To start with the bathroom.

We have a stippled/artex (is there a difference?) bathroom ceiling. I'd like some advice as to how best prepare the ceiling, a suitable paint and can I just use a roller for the most part and a brush for the edges?

I will be cleaning it first with sugar soap.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Ok, then it will be fine to wash it down if you wish, after the intial sugar soap you will need to wipe it down with warm water to remove any residue. If the artex is sound there should'nt be any other prep required, only to allow it to dry.

Rooms such as bathrooms are often subject to high levels of both humidity and moisture so a matt emulsion is not really a good choice, eggshell paints are the best for rooms such as this available in both oil or acrylic bases. Dulux kitchen and bathroom paints will serve well, a vinyl silk perhaps if the steam levels are not to high.

Dec.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back