Best paint/sealer for flat roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had an orangery built last year that contains a roof lantern. All around the roof lantern is a flat roof. Whilst sweeping leaves off the flat roof, I noticed a small area where the paint had started blistering (see photo). I sent the photo to the builder who said he would come back to repaint the roof. He said that as long as resining was not damaged, the roof will be fine.

Can anyone recommend the best paint to apply on the roof that will prevent the paint from blistering in the future as well as keeping the roof water tight?

Sponsored Links
Oops, photo attached

Attachments

• IMG_0636.jpeg
    IMG_0636.jpeg
    501.4 KB · Views: 38
Sponsored Links
If your roofer is coming back to fix it then they should be bringing the correct product and could be worth checking your warranty with the roofer as it should not be like that after a year or so. You could use something similar to this which should help it if it reoccurs sometime in the future ....

thanks @DAZB. Yes, the builder will be coming back to fix the issue. For future proofing, I am looking for a paint in 'grey' rather than in silver. Is there a paint in grey that you would recommend?

The purpose of the silver is that it is solar reflective which will minimise cracking from damage by the sun. To go with a grey will still give protection, just not as much as the silver in terms of sun damage. A quick Google will find stockists of different colours available in your area as grey, black and solar are probably the main choices.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back