best paint stripper ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
years of paint on my sons 1920.s house ,wants to strip the skirtings and backmolds back to bare wood, whats the best product ?

Sponsored Links
Hot-air-gun, patience and a lot of elbow grease.

Failing that, just sand it all flat. :LOL:

Peel Away is the best, expensive though.

http://www.peelaway.co.uk/

It uses poly sheets that you put over the surface to prevent evaporation

Heat guns are fine for the flat surfaces but not as good for moldings. If you are not careful you will end up with gouge and burn marks

In reality it is sometimes cheaper to replace architraves than to strip them

Dont forget anything before the 1970's will have lead in it. Can be a bit dodgy if using a heat gun. You can buy a test kit for about £5 at the big sheds to test it first.

Sponsored Links
And be prepared for setting off the fire alarm...

Mind you though the dust from sanding or steam stripping can do this as well,

years of paint on my sons 1920.s house ,wants to strip the skirtings and backmolds back to bare wood, whats the best product ?

Hi!

Try Aircraft Remover by Kleen Strip. Be careful because its pretty nasty stuff and it will give more clear....

Hi Haywood-

From what I can see Kleen Strip have a good reputation but I am not sure if it is sold in the uk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back