Best plaster to use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys and girls!
I have recently used tank slurry on my concrete/breeze block shed. I was going to have a go at plastering the walls inside. Prefer plastering old way to dot and dab but was wondering what the best gypsum plaster was to do the job? Browning then multi or one coat etc? Also should I pva the walls I have put tanking on?
Thanks for any help and advice in advance

Sponsored Links
Old school would be "Browning" scratch then finish. unibond block work. I would unibond overnight then again in the morning when it feels sticky put browning on. next day put finish.

Nice one cheers mate. That's what I was was thinking of doing until I seen One Coat. Never seen that before and weren't sure if that was better. Haven't got one of them scratch tools any idea what else I can use apart from a nail as that would take ages lol

Sponsored Links
The best gypsum for your purpose is no gypsum - use a backing coat of 3:1 sand & lime mix with a remedial skim.

FWIW: For a scratcher use an off-cut of wood, and drive a few nails through it until they are just sticking out - and you have a scratcher.
You are a joiner?

Why do you say use sand and lime instead of gypsum Vinn? Easier to work with or better in damp environments? Also don't understand what your saying regairding the finishi coat. Thanks again for the help

FWIW: read/search some of my past posts on this subject and google remedial finishes.

Nice one cheers mate. That's what I was was thinking of doing until I seen One Coat. Never seen that before and weren't sure if that was better. Haven't got one of them scratch tools any idea what else I can use apart from a nail as that would take ages lol

To scratch get a only wooden float or a price of plywood about 4 x6 stick an old handle on it. tap some nails trough one end until the points just show through. works great for putting scratch on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back