Best plasterboard plugs to hang heavy mirror

Reaction score
Guys any ideas which plugs are best to hang say a 50kg mirror?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
1.44 Seconds is the one you need:

Andy

Andy

Superstar. The duo are perfect. Hopefully they’ll hold the 18kg load. Off to my supplier in morning to pick up a kit.

Really useful. Thanks a lot.

Casa

You need a picture hook for the type of fixing supplied on the back of that mirror .Will slip off a screw very easily as it’s very shallow and also likely to swing .

i have used the HOLLOW WALL ANCHORS linked above, purchased a box of different sizes from Lidl last year, and used a few this year to hang a mirror and a coat hanger set on a plaster board wall
working well so far, and have quite a few coats hanging on the 6 hangers

A bit late as usual, but although I always use the expanding wall anchors recommended, I was doing some work with a chap who fits large display panels, and he swore by Gripit plasterboard fixings as they spread the load much better in the plasterboard. Your 18kg mirror hardly needs it, but if it had been 50kg I would certainly try a Gripit to avoid the narrow hole of the wall anchor cutting into your plasterboard. Mind you, you will need a much bigger drill bit :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back