Best render for concrete block garage.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a single Block garage built with render on walls.
What is best to use render or pebbledash and price diff?
How is render applied and how can I be sure damp would get through. Is single leaf ok or would I need to go cavity to prevent water problems.
I'm assuming dpc membrane will be but under blocks.

Sponsored Links
If you have a good scratch coat on it and a good float coat, Then paint it with a good masonry paint and you shouldn't have any problems. Just look around at a few garages and the paint on them. Pebble dash will disperse the water/rain that hits it, and done properly you wont need any paint on it. As for the dpc there should be a bell mould laid along the dpc to stop water from soaking the block above it.. Also it is best to render underneath the bell mould and float it up and paint it or not.. Get some prices and let us all know what they are and what have they priced to do...

Thx for that.
I'm not sure what a bell mould is.
He mentioned dpc only.
He is going to dig 1.5ft down. Concrete It and have foundations as he is building single block only.
He will use hardcore and concrete for base and says don't need steel mesh as my integral garage floor has no mesh and it's not needed.
Will be using car in the detached garage.
We went with flat roof as height is 2.5 max but it will slope a bit.
Price is £2500 which is a bit too cheap as I know a sectional one will cost me £2200. The price includes materials and labour but not door or windows as they as my expense. I got it cheap as he is also doing my garage conversion to a room for my house for £2500. So 5k for conversion and new block built garage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back