Pebbledashing exterior block extension walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pebbledash on two of the walls of my single storey extension has fallen off to reveal the blocks it was built with. I have scraped off any remaining render.
I would appreciate guidance as to what I should do in order to recoat the walls using pebbledash, and using beading around the windows and doors. The bottom few courses are brick that has not been pebbledashed but also needs to have render re-applied as it has also fallen off.
I would basically appreciate a step by step guide, but also information regarding preparing the walls, and the mixes needed (and what products to use, including the beading and lower part of the walls).
Also, is there anything I can do to avoid it falling off again, as in some cases I can see that it had a scratch coat, although in most cases the render seems to have blown between the blocks and the basecoat.
Also, would it be possible to provide some guidance as to how to calculate quantities needed.
Your assistance would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back