Best replacement boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am due to replace our existing Prima 60e with a newer boiler as we have had an extention fitted and need more output. Which manufacturers produce the best quality boilers, it will be fitted in a utiliity room and fueled using natural gas and linked to solar heating, providing hot water to a tank as well as the Heating.

Hope you can help as the choice is mind blowing...

Cheers Whitey :D

Sponsored Links
Hmmm, now let me see.

Only Baxi and Ideal fixed today.
Biasi, Valliant and Halstead yesterday,
Three gas valves for Worcester last week
Pcb on another Potterton prima.
Did'nt bother with the ravenheat.
Ariston or two.
Alpha intermitent firing.

No, can't think of any.....sorry.

Sponsored Links
When did you ever have to fix a Viessmann ?

Tony

Baxi should have out their heat only Platinum with 5 years warranty by now, ask at the merchants or phone the rep.

I was interested to see the Platinum at PLEX.

My opinion was that there was nothing special about it and it had rather a lot of plastic bits. I thought the price was rather high for the quality.

The conclusion I reached was that it was a very average boiler and they had upped the price to cover a five year warranty most of which they would avoid covering because the owner wound not bother to get it serviced anually which I presume is the requirement.

Tony

Yep, anal service required for warranty, but then that would be the case for say a new car so cant slag em for that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back