Which is the best thermal store? And best boiler to go with?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
I'm planning a heating overhaul this summer, and plan to replace my old inefficient Baxi backboiler with a solid fuel stove, thermal store, and replacement boiler. (I also have a vague idea to add solar thermal at some point in the future when I get around to making a DIY panel... but that's for later). The solid fuel stove will not be on the whole time, so the boiler will often be the sole source of heat.

I've got two main questions:

1 - Which is the best thermal store for the job? I'm currently favouring the DPS Excel Heatbank, but am willing to be guided elsewhere. Has anyone got good - or bad - feedback on this system?

2 - Can anyone guide me in the right direction for a boiler that matches well with a thermal store, at relatively low cost. Somewhere in the 18-24kw region ideally, preferably designed for a 15mm gas inlet, as I don't want to rip up half the ground floor to re-pipe the gas in 22mm, oh and nice and simple to install!

Cheers in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back