Best scale reducer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys.
Need to fit a decent scale reducer. Live in the se28 area and the water is uber hard. Bought a kettle last week and its scaling up already. Fitted the scalemasters before on new installs, boilers etc but really need one for whole house protection. I've seen some that claim to prevent and reduce existing scale. Any advice. I don't mind spending a bit but have limited space (new build!!), don't want a water softener as such and would appreciate some 1st hand input. Cheers

Sponsored Links
The only tried and tested method is an ion exchange water softener for the whole house protection.
About £350 plus salt tablets each month.

Pete

Cheers Pete,
how chunky is the unit? i'm a bit tight for space and wanted an in line unit if poss. As i said i've seen some claims with smaller units but i guess you get what you pay for.
Steve

Steve
The inline units that we have fitted make a slight reduction in scale.
These include the magnetic tubes and the magnetic field wire wrap around.
These are ok for your boiler heat exchanger if fitted within one metre.

The softeners have to be housed in a min 400mm base unit.

Pete

Sponsored Links
Steve
The inline units that we have fitted make a slight reduction in scale.
These include the magnetic tubes and the magnetic field wire wrap around.
These are ok for your boiler heat exchanger if fitted within one metre.

The softeners have to be housed in a min 400mm base unit.

Pete

Magnetic and electric thingies DON'T WORK!!! There are NO independent test results available. You could try Combimate. They do work.

Thanx Guys Think i'll go for the Combimate unit (and a new kettle) and see if theres any improvement. Cheers All

Oilman is correct. If you ever need to protect an electrical cable that carries low voltage signals from electro-magnetic interference, one way of doing it is to route the cable through a bonded, metal, electricaly conducting conduit.......er..... just like a copper water pipe. Magnetic fields CANNOT penetrate such a pipe, so cannot possibly have any effect on the cable or water inside!
Combimates get my vote if a water softener can't be fitted

How much would it cost to have a plumber supply and fit one of these? I live in SE3 and have similar rock hard water.

Oilman is correct. If you ever need to protect an electrical cable that carries low voltage signals from electro-magnetic interference, one way of doing it is to route the cable through a bonded, metal, electricaly conducting conduit.......er..... just like a copper water pipe. Magnetic fields CANNOT penetrate such a pipe, so cannot possibly have any effect on the cable or water inside!
Combimates get my vote if a water softener can't be fitted

You've obviously never stuck a magnet to copper pipe to see if its full of sludge :p . Magnetic waves WILL penetrate copper pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back