Best Screwfix Boiler for 4 Bedroom Detached House

baxi 630 or 636 7 year warranty
or
830 0r 836 10 year warranty
Same boilers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Unless the person who will get you the 20% discount lives in your household I would be careful spanking their staff discount, it is not a mates rate discount it is solely for that staff member and is checked especially when the item price hits a certain threshold.

Me thinks the OP have a 'plumber' from a foreign land.
Me thinks something naughty afoot.
Unless the person who will get you the 20% discount lives in your household I would be careful spanking their staff discount, it is not a mates rate discount it is solely for that staff member and is checked especially when the item price hits a certain threshold.

Ever considered I'm the SF employee, but that I just don't know a lot about boilers. I've not had much luck getting someone over, 2 out of the 8 I approached came over. Both talked a lot, but without giving me a solid recommendation. "Here's 4 folders full of boilers, let me know when you've chosen." Euh... what? When I pressed them saying: "what would you do if it was your house, but considering my parameters", they both came up with the most expensive option with solar panels etc... while I was clear it wasn't an option due to the roof.

Ever considered I'm the SF employee, but that I just don't know a lot about boilers. I've not had much luck getting someone over, 2 out of the 8 I approached came over. Both talked a lot, but without giving me a solid recommendation. "Here's 4 folders full of boilers, let me know when you've chosen." Euh... what? When I pressed them saying: "what would you do if it was your house, but considering my parameters", they both came up with the most expensive option with solar panels etc... while I was clear it wasn't an option due to the roof.

From that response I would say no your not the screw fix employee. So my warning still stands you could be getting someone sacked.

You will need a heating engineer to fit so until you find a decent one you are happy with I think what kind of boiler you will buy is the least of your worries.

What's your nearest town? Might be able to recommend someone to do the job for you

Very helpful, thanks Lamchamps. o_O

From where I'm standing, if I knew what I needed, I could just purchase it, and then work on finding someone to fit it. As opposed to getting nowhere because I'm struggling to get advice, which includes the two Gas Safe registered heating engineers I found online and who visited us.

This is literally what one of them left me, saying call me when you've picked one.
MwiQYYt.png

Got two guys to look at it tonight. Both suggested a combi boiler would be OK. One suggested a 38KW, the other a 30KW. Feels like there's a pretty big difference between the two.

The 38KW guy was only really interested in Valliant boilers and Eclipse thermostats. The other was (to my mind) more pragmatic, and said they're all largely the same, but steered me towards Bosch, Valliant or Viessman.

Got two guys to look at it tonight. Both suggested a combi boiler would be OK. One suggested a 38KW, the other a 30KW. Feels like there's a pretty big difference between the two.

The 38KW guy was only really interested in Valliant boilers and Eclipse thermostats. The other was (to my mind) more pragmatic, and said they're all largely the same, but steered me towards Bosch, Valliant or Viessman.

Go with the 2nd guy. Tbh honest boilers these days all have big warranty and generally tend to be trouble free for a time.

Bosch have the best after care followed by vaillant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back