Best screws for fixing gate wall plate to OSB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am going to be fixing a garden gate to a gap currently between a brick wall and the back of a conservatory. The gate hinges themselves will be fixed to a wall plate attached to the brick wall with 8 masonry screws (M10 x 150mm), but I do need to add a wall plate to the back of the conservatory to take the latch keeper and the bolt receptacles. The wall plate will be 1800mm x 100mm x 45mm

The conservatory wall is made of metal frame, with a 12mm OSB cladding, then covered with waterproof membrane and finally PVC siding.

So I need to attach the wall plate to the back of the conservatory by fixing through the siding and then through that into the OSB. The wall plate will not bear any weight, but it still needs to be fixed solidly.

I am thinking something like Spax flooring screws for this? Any better ideas?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
nut and bolt would be better. OSB is not really wood. Can you get to the other side? If it was me I would use stainless coach bolts which look neat and will not rust, with a penny washer under each nut.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back