Best small van

B

Bodd

Hello All

I have a mate looking for a good small van. Just smaller than a traffic or Transit

Not sure how much he wants to spend but would imagine it would be between £5000 & £8000

Any ideas, advice

Bod

Sponsored Links
Some excellent deals on the Berlingo (surprisingly big, the latest model) or maybe the Transit Connect?
Not ex GPO or similar, low mileage essential.
John :)

Some excellent deals on the Berlingo (surprisingly big, the latest model) or maybe the Transit Connect?

I think he is looking at the Berlingo
He also wants 3 seats.
I agree and have told him to avoid high mileage

Thanks John

Curiously enough, the Citroen Dispatch is available with 3 seats in the front .....pretty sure the Berlingo hasn't though!

Sponsored Links
Curiously enough, the Citroen Dispatch is available with 3 seats in the front .....pretty sure the Berlingo hasn't though!
The dispatch is the bigger one I think. Would suit better... But I do think the Berlingo has 3 option I'm sure that's what we looked at Saturday

What's he looking to carry in it? Is it more important he has the seats or the space?

The dispatch is the bigger one I think. Would suit better... But I do think the Berlingo has 3 option I'm sure that's what we looked at Saturday
Nope. I drive a Berlingo so I think I'd have noticed if there were that much spare space! You can get a fold-away bench seat in the back (which just about seats three), but AFAIK if you do that you can't get the bulkhead in - and I think that's essential for both security and protection from load shifting

The Dispatch (plus the Fiat Scudo and Peugeot Expert - basically the same van) are pretty much unique in being medium size but 3 seats - newest models are now nearly the same size as the basic full-size Transit, or so it seems

The GPO round here use long wheelbase Peugeot Partners (almost same as Berlingos, bar badges and grilles) and even have a 4WD none for the farms. Started getting them 4 or 5 years back so there may already be some ex-GPO ones out there though I'm not sure I'd trust one having had a very abused ex-GPO Moggie Minor van in the past

They certainly look smart. Not sure if I'm going for a Connect or a Golf Caddy next time - but then I don't need 3 seats

Sponsored Links
Back