Best spray paint for corroded aluminium ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My shower door is a right state. It's made from some some nasty alloy that corrodes. I want to try to get a few more years out of it though. Can anyone recommend a suitable silver paint that would keep further corrosion at bay and how best to prep before hand please.
20230618_093344.jpg

Sponsored Links
I would recommend that you contact Owatrol and ask if their Owatrol oil will work as a base coat. It is great for rusty ferrous materials, but I am not so sure about aluminium.

Alternatively, and additionally, phone Zinsser and ask for technical support.

Please let us know how you get on. It will help other people.

I would use an acid etch primer, car body filler to level the surface then more acid etch primer followed by car wheel paint and a clear lacquer.

Sponsored Links
Ok...I got fed up with the door being off the shower. Sprayed with halfords chrome enamel. The colour match is perfect. Not sure if it needs to be lacquered. Hope not as I haven't got any and it's going back together tomorrow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back